Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

Today is an exceptionally special day to celebrate the birth of someone remarkable.


I'm sure there is the possibility of my readers shrugging off this testimony shared over who this man is, as I am being courted by him. But let me assure you that it is not my biased opinion that speaks his praises- they are spoken in sincerity from a sister in Christ whose admiration for Andrew runs so very deep. I'm afraid that even if I possessed the greatest eloquence of speech- I would not do justice in describing the man he is. His life is a reflection of Jesus Christ!

Here are several reasons that I thank the Lord for and think the world of Andrew...

He is humble. This is evident to see in his pursuit for instruction and desire to heed it.
He is respectful; to everyone, but especially his parents.

He is truthful. I was amazed at his transparency in our conversations the first night of our courtship out by the fire.

He is diligent. The tomato field has been a witness of his diligence and faithfulness. Even when there was no hope of breaking even- he was faithfully out in his field picking and doing the next thing.

He is a leader. Whether by example of active instruction, he does not neglect the duty of leading.

He demonstrates charity. His entire family is amazingly charitable! I've learned so much in these weeks I've gotten to know them a little better. Their home is full of joy and love- which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
He is a soldier of Christ. His heart is first and foremost passionate about Jesus Christ. His dedication to having a quiet time each morning and actively seeking the Lord are evidences that His heart is focused on knowing the Lord better.

He is a servant; always looking for ways to serve someone around him. I can't seem to be able to keep up with him- by the time I think of serving his drink, he's already gotten mine. An unjust example, but reoccurring theme all the same!

He is gracious/forgiving. I don't have time to go into detail about this; but it will be, yet another, future post. Just trust that I've never known anyone to exemplify Christ to me as effectively as Andrew has


Andrew,
I am so thankful for you! I'm not only thankful for my friend and companion- but for the servant and example you are to the world of who Christ is and what He has done.
I am learning more about my Savior each time I'm with you, and for that I am eternally grateful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Steph, I love it! Thank you for recognizing the amazing Man that Andrew is! You make me appreciate him all the more! I am thrilled that God has broughtyou together, there isn't a better helpmeet out there for Him than you! I am quite sure of that!
Though he was a great man, you are making him a greater man! and I didn't know that was possible:) Just by recognizing his qualities as in this post, by respecting, and appreciating him, I can see God using that to make Him more of the man he desires for him to be!!
Thank you for being such a wonderful gal to my brother!!
Love ya,
Avie

Maggie said...

I am sooo happy for you Stephanie! When I heard from Christie, my heart just took a big leap! Coming from someone who has been very much in love for the last 16 years, I can tell you that God will continue to make your journey remarkable in every way, through joys and tears, each one weaving the beautiful life you are about to embark on. It is like a puzzle, and only in the end you can truly look back and say, wow, God is Good and He makes everything beautiful in HIS time. :) Marriage is hard work, but it is ALL WORTH IT!!! I love you and hope God will continue to keep you both in His migthy hand. Maggie

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP