Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh where, oh where has Stephanie been...

The short answer is "on cloud nine!"


As befits my usual "routine" of blogging- I am behind on posting. But this time includes more negligence than other posts, because this time I've neglected to share with my readers the most exciting news I've experienced since the Lord's work of salvation in my life many years ago.


In the last two and a half months since my last post, the Lord's plans for my life have unfolded in a miraculous and unexpected way. As I write I am amazed at His gracious hand of mercy and fulfillment of so many promises. His mercy endureth forever!

I will now momentarily come back down to earth to share with you my wonderful news...

My dear readers, I want to introduce to you the most incredible man, Andrew Darbyshire!
We have officially been courting since September 4th, and it has been the most amazing and peace filled experience thus far. I cannot praise my Lord enough for His grace. I am both humbled and thrilled to have been chosen and pursued by Andrew. Wow!


Not alone...

On the same weekend that Andrew and I started courting, one of my dear friends from church began courting another young man in our church.

Meet Daniel and Bethany


Ten days after Bethany and Daniel, and Andrew and I started courting, dad got a phone call from yet another young man in our church...

Meet Clay

Clay and Hannah's courtship officially started on September 14th. Praise God for His mercy! It has been absolutely amazing going through this process with two of my dearest friends! It's been awesome having Hannah to sympathize with the lack of memory and inability to focus. Our poor family is getting a double dose of twitterpation. They've been amazing!

Apparently there's something goin' around our church...and I'm so glad I caught it!

There is so much to share, as it's been a full month of memories and growing friendships, so I will do my best to get you all up-to-date! I'm working on a more detailed post of all the ways the Lord worked and the process leading up to our courtship. That post will come, hopefully soon; but I was anxious to get the news out. For those who love the detailed scoop- it is yet to come.

Until then, may God bless you all! Thank you for your prayers and investments into both Hannah's and my life.

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen"

6 comments:

blog said...

I'm so glad you "caught" it too, Stephanie!!! ;) We were so excited for you when we heard the news {from Christie's blog}!! You've been in my prayers and will continue to be so... The Lord is so GOOD, huh? :D

Love,
Lauren

Emily, wife of Jeremy said...

Oh what a wonderful testimony. I am so excited for you both! Praise the Lord. I can't wait to continue to hear what He is doing in your lives.

Mrs. Michele Ann said...

Dearest Stephanie,
We are so very excited for all 4 of you! Please know that our family will be praying for all of you. Please send my best regards to your precious mother. I think of her often and let her know that I will be praying for her as well.
Blessings,
Mrs. Hope

Distinctively and Deliberately Feminine said...

Stephanie,
Oh, I can't tell you how excited I am for you and Hannah. When I read Christie's blog a couple of weeks ago, I just about jumped out of my chair. I am praying for ya'll as you go through this joyous time. Please keep us updated.

Your Sister in Christ,
Amanda Davis
from way down in South Georgia

Daughters of Virtue said...

Yay! What a beautiful, long-awaited post!:) Words cannot tell how happy I am for you and Hannah!! Praise God!
You two have always been like older sisters to me, and I love you both so dearly!

In Christ,
Carrie :)

the t. sisters said...

Hello Stephanie from a reader in Australia! I've been 'following' your blog for a while now, :) and have often been encouraged by your example as an older stay-at-home daughter. I too, love the Lord and am at home serving with my family, and it is always so wonderful seeing others doing likewise, and then seeing the Lord work mightily in their lives...like He has in yours! My sister and I (who are very similar ages to you and Hannah), were so excited to read this blog post, and then also to read about your sister beginning a courtship so soon after you! What a blessing from the Lord! I pray that this time for both of you will be one of much growth and encouragement in the Lord, and that He will continue to direct your paths.
Love in Christ,
Abbie, and Grace T. :)

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP