Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mother Dearest!

(Heather, Christie, Mom, Mema, Me, Hannah, and Essie)



Today marks the birth of a wonderful and dear person to me- My beautiful Mother!

It is hard to know how to describe her to those of you who have never been in her joyous presence- she sparkles! But that word doesn't do justice to the depth that she has countless times proven to hold. Her hands are always busy in a project of some sort- be it gardening, reading, cleaning, sewing, or nurturing. Nurturing: now that is a word which fully describes my dear mother. I cannot count the number of times each of us has had the smallest bruise or most trivial concern; but we would never have known it to be so small- for she would compassionately place a band-aid (sealed with a kiss) over the microscopic sore, or gently take us in her arms and understandingly counsel us.

As much as I could go on about the many qualities my mother holds- none compares to the love she has for her Savior. My mother is not without fault, as she continually reminds us, for she is human. But she is a woman seeking diligently to know and love her Jesus more than the day before. She is covered in the righteousness of Christ, and the fruits are being produced abundantly in and through her life. Praise the Lord for His goodness!

Mother Dearest, I love you so very much and am thankful for the Lord's sovereign grace in placing you as an authority to lead me to Himself! Thank you for your daily example of a willing heart- and thank you ever so much for your labor to have my heart. It is yours and daddy's completely, and for that I praise God!

I'm so sorry we're not there to enjoy this day with you! But know that we're thinking of you today and praising God for you!

I love you!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

2 comments:

Isaac said...

What?! No credit for the photographer who captured this photo? Tisk tisk ;)

Daughters of Virtue said...

I love your mom, Steph!!! She is such an amazing, selfless, Godly woman. And she is very blessed to have such caring daughters. :)I pray that each of you will be like her.:)

~Carrie

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP