Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blessed Affliction

Since my post in February about my journey towards physical and spiritual health, the Lord has taught me many lessons and has been so faithful! His hesed faithfulness and steadfast love has continually surrounded me- even during the sleepless nights of itching and weeks of seclusion when it was tempting to ask if His love for me had altered. In those moments it was so important to focus on the testimonies of His faithfulness documented in His Word.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a moment of the last three months! I am in awe of this amazing God, who sovereignly brings clouds and sunshine to conform His children into His image- so that we may better reflect His glory.

"You have dealt well with your servant, O LORD, according to your word...It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces...I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant."

Psalm 119:65, 71-72, 75-76

As a twenty-three year old single young lady, the Lord knew exactly what affliction to bring in order that my focus may be directed towards Himself- that I would understand what it truly means to find my satisfaction and happiness in Him alone. He has taught me the importance of seeking an imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. It's easy as young ladies to become confident in who we are physically, and in how people perceive us. I cannot thank the Lord enough for the starring people- which drew my attention to the hidden sins of my pride and vanity. When my physical comfort and youthful grace were gone, I stood bare- realizing the lack of inward beauty and fruit. You don't realize how much emphasis you place on physical appearance until it's gone. And it's in those times that the inward heart is revealed- be it beautiful or selfish. I'm so thankful for my Lord's grace in showing me the selfishness and vanity of my heart!
These pictures were taken back in February when my face had begun to improve, but was still not completely healed
I cannot even begin to praise my dear mother for her compassionate heart and kindness towards me during the past months! She truly has a tender heart and is such a wonderful care-taker! Thank you, mother dear, for your precious kindness in serving me! I love you so much!


The Lord has graciously shown me that He is the sole reason for my every breath! I have grown to love my Jesus as the Bridegroom whom I am actively waiting for. With every day that I wait for my love to return, I have the opportunity to serve and share the good news about His saving grace. Who can understand this love that gives His only Son to make a wretch His treasure, and makes an end of all my sin?

I am so thankful for the Lord's healing in my life! He has completely healed me, and I'm thankful that I can wake each morning and carry out my daily tasks as a service to Him. I am thankful for my blessed family and the Lord's obvious work in sanctifying us individually and as a whole. The list of wondrous works the Lord has done continues forever, and for those works we praise Him!

May He continue to bless us through rain and shine!

We've had such a blessed week with Christie and her little ones visiting! During nap time one day, we girls snuck out to the porch to enjoy the beautiful weather with a cup of coffee. Matt was our wonderful photographer! Thanks, Matt!


When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed
(Based on The Valley of Vision prayer)
“The Valley of Vision” Words and Music by Bob Kauflin

1 comments:

Alyssa Faith said...

What an encouragement. Thank you for sharing. How kind the Lord is to discipline, to train, us in love. Have you found that you never felt so loved by the Lord as when his love afflicts you?

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP