Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Adventure: Day Two


Today functioned like any other Sunday (with the addition of three little heads to our pew)!

The most precious moment was our drive back home from church. I was driving with Hannah and the three little ones in the back seat. In the quiet I was thinking over a lot of things, and I found myself feeling lonely and discouraged about where God has me. It's certainly a challenge to remain spiritually minded and press on in faith, when you don't know the outcome or timing of God's plan. It was in the midst of meditating on these thoughts that I heard a sweet voice from the backseat, "This is the day, this is the day- that the Lord has made!"

Those words spoke so clearly to my heart! The Lord was graciously reminding me of His hand of mercy and providence upon this day. Even though it seems without direction and purpose, He ordained this very day before my first breath. He has a wonderful plan of bringing glory to Himself, and of my enjoying Him, if I can only look past my small range of focus and put my mind on Christ!

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Praise the Lord for the gracious reminders He sends through children!!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP